Saturday, January 14, 2012

Book 1 - She Walks In Beauty

Along with my Mama and sister, I am doing what is called (or what she calls) A Book A Week.  It is exactly what it sounds like: reading at least one book every week in 2012, so 52 books by the end of the year :)  I already count my books, but the last two years I have not quite made it.  In fact, I have barely crossed 30 each year.  

Anyway.  This is my first book finished in 2012.  She Walks In Beauty by Siri Mitchell


"For a young society woman seeking a favorable marriage, so much depends on her social season debut. Clara Carter has been given one goal: secure the affections of the city's most eligible bachelor. Debuting means plenty of work--there are corsets to be fitted, dances to master, manners to perfect. Her training soon pays off, however, as celebrity's spotlight turns Clara into a society-page darling.

"Yet Clara soon wonders if this is the life she really wants. Especially when she learns her best friend has also set her sights on Franklin De Vries. When a man appears who seems to love her simply for who she is and gossip backlash turns ugly, Clara realizes it's not just her marriage at stake--the future of her family depends on how she plays the game." From Amazon

I loved this book. I thought it was very beautiful, and loved immersing myself into the the 1800's for a while. The characters, though in a different time period, I could definitely relate too. It was also interesting to see how things were back then - to see what has changed, and what hasn't.

Skyeler


No comments: