Monday, January 30, 2012

Knitting during Hamlet

I spent the afternoon watching Hamlet (staring David Tennant!) and knitting ^_^  I was making this little hat, which turned out to be the perfect size for Aly's American Girl doll... and apparently Rory!  Doesn't he look so adorable in this hat?  We know everybody loves a Fuzzy Snuggle ;)



This version of Hamlet was amazing!  The first movie of this play I have seen, and my favorite of the Shakespeare movies we have seen so far.  


The movie was also relatively clean.  There was one short but crude scene, perhaps not appropriate for younger audiences.  Also a part or two that might need moderated for some guys (depending on your standards.)  Other than that, the movie was amazing.  The language was not a problem, as it was all Shakespeare's words.  David Tennant's interpretation of some of Hamlet's lines was beyond genius.  Though  his hair needed messed up in the beginning of the movie, I have no complaints of him in this role! 

To be, or not to be...

His emotion was amazing.  


He also manged to pull of the madness of Hamlet with humor and kept the audience captivated!  Though I did seem to expect him to pull out a sonic screwdriver... (too much Doctor Who!)

All the other actors were amazing also.  I was just a bit focused on this amazing actor who played the doctor XD  It was well worth the three + hours we spent watching this!  We managed to consume quite a few Oreos, Twizzlers, and (I at least) had a lot of popcorn :D  This would definitely be a movie I will watch again.  I am finding Shakespeare to be so very enjoyable!

Skyeler


No comments: