Monday, January 16, 2012

Book 2 - Pygmalion

Last week's book was Pygmalion, by Bernard Shaw.  I definitely enjoyed it, though it wasn't what I was expecting.  I haven't read many plays other than Shakespeare (who gives little to no stage direction) so it was very different to see this perspective.  It didn't end how I expected either, but I liked the ending all the same.  I didn't actually find a cover for this book (and I don't recommend searching either, as Pygmalion is part of Greek/Roman mythology and they had interesting choices of art.)  (Though the book has nothing to do with mythology.)  Today, we watched a production of Pygmalion, entitled My Fair Lady, staring Audrey Hepburn.  She is beautiful and elegant and classic.  A joy to watch!  The movie followed the plot of the book quite well, adding nearly six months that the book just skimmed over (and I was very happy to finally see some interpretation of those months!)  The ending was...I thought the same, but implied something different if you hadn't read the book.  Oh well.  I still enjoyed the movie nonetheless.  Very delightful.  Enjoyable.  And musical, lol.


  Skyeler

No comments: