Friday, December 14, 2012

Book 17 - Gone With The Wind

Gone With The Wind, by Margaret Mitchell.   Mmnnn....  It was lovely to curl up with this book.  I must say, quite delightful.  I haven't read anything quite like this before!  Very eye opening, very historic, very...romantic.  I would like to borrow a few of Scarlet's dresses but I fear they wouldn't fit.  An 18 inch waist? Unbelievable!  I am 4'11'', 90 pounds, and have a bigger waist than that!  Scarlet was enjoyable to read about, though I related to her little.  It was Melanie I liked, with her surprising strength to deal with life, despite her physical weaknesses.  I found her a quite better role model than Scarlet O'Hara.  Yet still, dear Scarlet was pleasant company within the book, and I enjoyed watching her grow up and learn about life; even if it took her a while to find what really mattered to her.


No comments: