Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Audio Book 1 - Princess Ben

I also decided to keep track of all the audio books I listen to this year, since I like to listen to them at night before I fall asleep.  The first one I chose (and borrowed from the library's digital library) was Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdock.  Unabridged, recorded by Brilliance Audio, and read by the author. I did enjoy this book, though not as much as others I have read.  There were some parts that would have made slow reading, but as I was listening to them, I didn't turn it off as I would have set a book down to go do something else for a bit.  Also, as it was read by the author, she put some amusing and enjoyable emphasis into some of the scenes.  The characters were enjoyable, though Ben was not the most charming heroine for a while, until she realized how unkind and apathetic she had been.  Still, the plot was rather good, and I enjoyed following her journey before I fell asleep.


"Benevolence is not your typical princess and Princess Ben is certainly not your typical fairy tale. With her parents lost to unknown assassins, Princess Ben ends up under the thumb of the conniving Queen Sophia, who is intent on marrying her off to the first available “specimen of imbecilic manhood.” Starved and miserable, locked in the castle’s highest tower, Ben stumbles upon a mysterious enchanted room. So begins her secret education in the magical arts: mastering an obstinate flying broomstick, furtively emptying the castle pantries, setting her hair on fire . . . But Ben’s private adventures are soon overwhelmed by a mortal threat facing the castle and indeed the entire country. Can Princess Ben save her kingdom from annihilation and herself from permanent enslavement?"  From Amazon


Skyeler

No comments: