Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Before I post any of my photography projects for school (I do not care to think of school too much at this time of night) I decided instead to post a few photos taken for my own amusement :)


This is a picture of my cat. Those of you who know my cat can probably tell he is annoyed with me (putting it kindly) for taking his photo. You see, taking his picture equals disturbing his sleep, interrupting his eating, or taking him from his perch in the windowsill squirrel hunting. How did I do it? The not pictured bag of "kitty treats." About the time I took this picture, he was quite done sitting on a square stool, on top of a piano bench, in front of a black backdrop that he couldn't rub against or knock over, and merely staring at the treats. Yes, quite photogenic isn't he?


This is a picture of a shed in our backyard. I found the way the leaves could create a frame for the lens intriguing, and hence the picture before you now.


And finally, this is a picture I took of my little sister making a turkey sandwich. I know, boring, right? But I thought the cat sitting there, looking up at her, was so entirely cute! This picture was edited it in photoshop. I changed it to black and white, and even took out a few things that appeared to clutter the picture. Why? 1) practice. 2) curiosity. 3) because I can :) Below this photo is the original.



That is all for now! I thought practicing with the blog format might be best before starting a school assignment. More pictures will become revealed later. So, if you have any interest in my work, I suggest you stay tuned!

Skyeler

1 comment:

Calleigh said...

I see you used my top secret harrington font!!!! JK :) (This place really needs smilies!!!!) The pics are really good!!! I'd seen the one of Aly and the Cat, but not the one of just Sparkles :) And great job on the shed one, I really *stresses really* like it!!